Built Green™ is an environment-friendly, non-profit, residential building program of the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties, developed in partnership with King and Snohomish Counties and other agencies in Washington state. The program sets sustainability and efficiency standards that can make an impacted on housing, health and the environment and are feasible for builders to use today.
Built Green certification is holistic and allows people to find homes that have energy and water efficiency, health, and sustainability built into them. These efficient homes exceed building codes and provide years of healthy, quality living while sustaining the local Northwest environment.
In order for the home to attain a certified Built Green 4-star status, the builder or developer is required to follow a specific set of criteria and hire an independent third-party verifier/consultant to certify that the criteria was met.
The PUD offers rebates to help offset the cost of building to a certified home standard. Building to one of the eligible home certification standards listed provides a competitive advantage over homes built to minimum code standards.
PUD Better Built Homes Rebate amounts:
- $1,200 – for an eligible certified home with a heat pump and minimum 20% energy savings above WSEC.
- $300 – per Certified multi-family unit 20% above WSEC.
- $800 – for a NEEM Certified Manufactured Home.
- Electrically heated single-family, detached home, built or delivered in PUD’s service territory
- Attached housing with four units or less, up to three stories (multifamily buildings with more than four attached units or greater than three stories must be pre-approved by the utility).
- Built Green 4 star or greater
- Exceed WSEC by 20%
- Applications must be received within 60 days of completion or siting for manufactured homes.
- Rebates are paid to the builder or home purchaser for manufactured homes.
- PUD reserves the right to inspect or verify submissions upon request.
- Program is subject to change and or termination without notice
Participation is easy. Just follow these steps. Manufactured homes: start at step 4.
- Enroll or register your project with Built Green or another eligible home certification program.
- Hire a verifier/consultant. They will...
- Do the energy modeling using the REM/Rate tool.
- Perform any required site inspections.
- Maintain and complete any required Checklist(s) and supporting documentation.
- Submit the Certification packet to an eligible home certification program.
- Receive home certificate.
- Email or mail your completed application with all supporting documents (Home certificate, REM/Rate run, current W-9 form), within 60 days of completion, to:
Residential Energy Services (E2),
Snohomish County PUD, PO Box 1107,
Everett, WA 98206-1107
- Payment will be made after this application has been processed and the work has passed any required inspections.